LCP consultants are certified SDI facilitators, enabling us to use this highly popular psychometric tool to integrate relationship and conflict management skills into a broad range of training and leadership development programmes. To enquire about pricing or how this could fit into a broader development strategy call 01273 590232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also see our Psychometric Tests page for other services.
What is the Strength Deployment Inventory® (SDI®)?
The SDI is an effective way to seamlessly integrate relationship and conflict management skills into nearly any coaching, training and leadership development programme and at any level of the organisation. It is a suite of psychometric tools and a practical methodology from Personal Strengths for empowering people to improve relationships and manage conflict more effectively. The tools are based on Relationship Awareness Theory – a learning model for effectively and accurately understanding the motive behind behaviour. When people recognise the unique motivation of themselves and others, they greatly enhance their ability to communicate more effectively AND handle conflict more productively.
For more information you can also download Personal Strength’s SDI psychometric testing PDF.
● Focuses on the motivation that drives behaviour
● Looks at how behaviour changes in conflict
● Not a test and does not attempt to judge good or bad
● Helps participants and teams recognise that style and behaviour differences are positive and to, more importantly, effectively interact with people whose motivational strengths are different from their own.
● Whilst having a positive focus on individual behavioural strengths and motivation, it teaches the very important lesson that motivational strengths when ‘overdone’ become weaknesses.
Why is the SDI® effective?
- Depersonalises conflict: it’s a non-threatening method for dealing with the interpersonal conflict that is too often avoided.
- Memorable: it’s an experiential tool promoting common sense concepts in a highly visual and easy to understand manner. The exclusive graphical format allows work teams or other relationship groups to view each others’ results simultaneously.
- Honours our differences: it’s an inventory of the unique way we value different strengths and interpret the actions of others.
- Illuminates the reason for our actions: it’s a snapshot of who we are – going beyond behaviour to reveal our driving motivation.
- Practical: It promotes interpersonal insights that are crucial to improving any situation where people interact.
How could the SDI® be applied?
- Team Building/Effectiveness: improves team understanding of each other at all levels and provides rapid understanding of team dynamics.
- Conflict Management/Prevention: using the tools to understand how each person has an individual conflict sequence and how behaviours change during the 3 stages of conflict.
- Customer Service: using the SDI to help all staff dealing with customers to understand how we all have different motivations and therefore have different requirements from all forms of communication.
- Managing Performance/Coaching/Getting The Best out of Our People: the SDI helps us recognise how to manage & lead teams & individuals more effectively by understanding our own strengths and motivations and those of our team members.
- Managing Change: today we are faced with many difficult situations where effective communication is the key to success.
Who are Personal Strengths?
Personal Strengths work with organisations within the UK and with their offices globally to empower people to create more effective personal and professional relationships. They contribute to better relationship and conflict management skills by instilling Relationship Awareness into the culture of client organisations. You can read more on their website
LCP can provide psychometric testing as part of our leadership development and management training service. Don’t hesitate to call 01273 590232 or email email@example.com for more information. Also see our Psychometric Tests page.